The Institute of Tourism Studies is an institution of higher education aimed at meeting the changing needs of the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. ITS was established in 1987 and consolidated by the Education Act No. XIII of 2006 of the Laws of Malta. The main responsibility of the Institute is to furnish the Tourism Sector with professional personnel who can guarantee an excellent standard of products and services within the Hospitality Industry.
Mission and Vision
Quality learning to achieve excellence in tourism. Through its innovative high quality lifelong learning academic programmes the Institute of Tourism Studies develops people for tomorrow's tourism industry. We direct our resources towards the development of inclusive academic programmes which facilitate technical, generic and behavioural skills and competencies, integrate theory and practice and promote modem leadership approaches.
The values behind our vision are to:
Provide a student oriented style of curriculum which promotes creativity, Innovation, participation,
self-reflection, and personal independence.
- Develop specialized technical, leadership and entrepreneurial skills in line with tomorrow's industry's trends
- Promote an international outlook whilst embracing differences between local and foreign cultures.
- Promote professional development through lifelong teaming opportunities for all levels within society.
- Perform and solicit practices which are ethically correct and environmentally friendly.
- Individually guide, mentor and holistically develop our students.
The Institute of Tourism Studies is firmly committed to provide an educational structure aimed at guaranteeing excellent standards of service within the Hospitality Industry. Students' progress is continuously monitored by tutors, review boards as well as internal and external examiners. The lecturing staff receives special staff training and guidance in methodology and assessment techniques.