The Information Management Unit (IMU) is the ministerial central ICT office. Its role is to provide strategic advice and support to the Ministry. The unit assists the Ministry’s departments and entities to enhance productivity through the innovative use of technology.
The main business functions of the Information Management Unit include:
- Managing the ICT budget and the optimisation of ICT resources;
- Research and encourage the use of emerging technologies to maximize achievements and reduce costs;
- Authorization and provision of information services;
- Alignment of information technology with the Ministry’s business priorities;
- Management and governance of information systems policies;
- Providing advice and support to the Permanent Secretary on Ministry strategic ICT matters;
- Maximise value for money from existing and future technology investments;
- Implement innovative cost-effective and secure ICT solutions.